Translate

Monday 19 September 2022

The Apes of Indiana (Testimonial)

                          

“I was in Indiana when Bigfoot revealed himself to me in November, 2018. My girlfriend and I were camping in a place I grew up in, a National forest wilderness area in Monroe County, in southern Indiana. “  

“We weren't way out, but were tent camping in a horse camp that sees a fair amount of use. It got dark around 7pm and all the wood was too wet to start a fire; so we we’re lying in the tent enjoying the quiet, when I heard footsteps around the back side of our tent. “  

“At any other time, I would've dismissed it as a wolf or coyote, because they're everywhere around there. However, that night 2 fellow campers had gotten into a fight, which end in one of them leaving the site and as the one who remained was very intoxicated and antagonistic, I became worried that he was sneaking around our camp.”

“I said in a loud enough voice ‘if you don't get away from my tent and stop messing with me, I'm going to kill you!’ I'm not real proud of that but we were out far enough that help wouldn't come soon, so I was really just trying to intimidate him. “

“A couple more minutes go by and I hear more steps and this time I hear the door handle on my Nissan (Car) get pulled in. It's a really distinct sound and by this time I was really paying attention because I thought our intoxicated neighbour was already in my camp.”

“So, I come out of tent pretty quickly and pretty aggressively, but there’s nobody there. Not only that, but the guy I think is messing with us is 50 yards away by a fire with his girlfriend. So I shine a light around, don't really see anything & tell myself that maybe I’m hearing a deer we’d seen walking around in the treeline, before sundown.”

“This has been going on for just 15-20 minutes now and I'm starting to feel a little nervous. So, I go back in the tent, but this time I adjust the rainfly a bit, so I can see outside and try to catch a glimpse of whatever it is that I keep hearing.”

“Within a couple minutes, I hear more steps. There's a really bright moon in the sky. I roll over and look out of the opening I made in the rainfly and I see I don't know what? It didn't look or move like anything I'd ever seen before. I continue to watch from inside until it moves out of sight and I bolt back out of the tent to try and see what it is?”

“I ran in the general direction I saw it go, it but it's gone. As I'm standing next to the tent shining the light in the woods, I realise I'm looking at a large figure and it's walking straight to me. I did not believe in Bigfoot until that exact moment in time! “

“So, this horse camp is essentially an opening into thousands of acres of woods and there's nowhere to run. I spin around in a panic and dive back into the tent and zip it up.  The figure was roughly 30 feet away when I saw it and I can hear his footsteps smashing the frozen ground, as he’s coming right to the tent!”

“He, I believe the creature was male, walked up to the back corner of the tent, stood over it, grunted, hit his chest and growled at me. I was frozen! This thing was massive! I'm confident at least nine to ten feet tall and a thousand pounds. “

“As he's intimidating me and I'm lying there frozen; the juvenile (smaller figure) that started all of this was sniffing me, right next to my head. Their silhouettes were clear in the moon light as they stood over the tent, the big male’s shoulders seemed as wide as I am tall. I'm not a small man, but next to this thing I was tiny.” 

“This was when he started making strange noises at the juvenile. It was a very parenting tone. There was a lot of body language involved and he spoke in a series of clicks and pops with his tongue. It wasn't just nonsense because the juvenile was responding back with sounds too, which sounded more like a squealing noise. There were a couple of back and forth communications like this between them and then the juvenile headed into the woods with the adult right behind him.”

“Shortly after this, I heard a loud cry or scream and a real loud whoop noise, followed by over a half dozen different calls in reply coming from all around the woods.” 

“Previous to this experience, I believed that people who talked about creatures like Bigfoot were just engaged in wishful thinking and that if such things existed then we'd surely have evidence?”

“I can tell you that I was so scared to death that my fight or flight instinct chose freeze, that night. I'm 6'2" tall and a healthy 200 pounds, so I've never really been intimidated just by the size of something. However, this "being" just radiated power that I've never felt or seen before. He was there the entire time and I had no clue until he came up out of the woods and I immediately went into ‘timid mode’. “

“I knew he was the superior being between us and that he could crush my spine with minimal effort. That said, he decided not to. He felt that my cowering in the tent was enough. I'm glad they are intelligent enough to make decisions like that...”

I hear so many amazing Bigfoot encounters and this one is not as unusual as one might think. A curious juvenile being shadowed or watched over by an adult who stays hidden, but watching at a respectful distance, while the juvenile explores. The protective actions of a big male that intimidates anything that poses a threat to the ‘child’ and yet stops short of inflicting any harm.

Also, the witness’s claim to witness a rarely observed behaviour...Sasquatch speech, is very intriguing! There are very few accounts of this and I would theorise that it was possibly revealed possibly due to the parental situation of having to instruct ‘a child’.

The reported curiosity and restraint of these creatures does seem to show a remarkably intelligent animal and judging by the physical power they seem to possess, we're quite fortunate that they are not quick to use it.

Written by Andy McGrath


For Books; Merch; Podcasts; Conferences & Expeditions; 




No comments:

Post a Comment