Translate

Thursday 10 November 2022

The Wenvoe Wildcat

On the 4th November, a local woman and her 2 daughters spotted a black panther while driving through Wenvoe, in the Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales.

The woman, who had never heard of the Big Cat phenomenon before, said:

"I was driving through Wenvoe, close to Culverhouse Cross, when my youngest daughter said that she had seen a bear. I looked over to a field on my right and saw what looked to me like a lioness. It had a long tail and was all black. It walked like a lion, and looked like a panther."

She added: "We watched it walking in the field for 2 minutes, before deciding to leave. It was still in the field when we drove off. I don’t know how far away it was, but I had a very good view of the animal and it looked big, like a lioness."



Over the years Wales has had more than its fair share of Big Cat sightings, and this recent encounter further solidifies the theory that a growing population of these large predators may be taking root in the British Countryside.

Have you witnessed a big cat in Britain? 

Written by Andy McGrath


Check out Beasts of Britain Audiobook



No comments:

Post a Comment